Wednesday 26 December 2018

Cycling Impressions Interviews: Stefano Oldani


We had the pleasure to interview one of the most interesting road cycling prospects: Stefano Oldani.
The Italian young talent, after some brilliant results with team Colpack, just signed a two years contract with Contador's Team Polartec - Kometa.
Here is what he told us.

Hi Stefano and thank you! It is a pleasure to interview you. Where does your love for cycling come from?
Hi! It is a pleasure for me too!
My love for cycling is born when I was a kid and I watched my elder brother racing. That's where it all started.

When did you jump on a bike for the first time and who put  you on it?
The first time I jumped on a bike I was 5 years old. I started riding with my dad.

Let's talk now about your racing career. Did you start with road cycling, track cycling or cyclocross? Which is your favorite?
I started with track cycling in the velodrome of Busto Garolfo, near Milan, Italy.
Talking about my favorite discipline, I can say that I really love mountainbiking in winter.

What is you favorite race?
I don't have a specific favorite race, let's say that I love Grand Tours.

We hope to see you wearing the Pink Jersey in the near future! Who is you sport hero?
To be honest I think my sport hero is Pantani, for the incredible feats he did.

What do you want to say to boys and girls that would like to try to be pro riders?
I tell them to have fun and enjoy what they are doing without being obsessed with growing fast.

Last question. Hobbies when you don't cycle?
I don't have a hobby in particular because cycling takes most of my day time. Nevertheless, I love spending my free time with my family. It is very relaxing.

Thank you very much Stefano and good luck! Cycling Impressions will always be a fan of you!
Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment